Saturday, May 22, 2010

My two cents worth

Blogger reports that I've now officially earned . . . two cents. In two months of daily posting.  Hey, everybody, drinks are on me!

This makes me think that ads are not going to be a major source of revenue for the future.  I've considered releasing some flash games, like Scryptix (not officially released yet, but you should be able to check it out from the link if you're on Facebook), and trying to have them ad-supported, but this makes that look not so promising.

I'm not sure how this money gets delivered to me.  I'm sure they'll send a courier over soon with my two shiny Abe Lincolns.  I'll think I'll tip him 15%.

2 comments:

  1. In order to make money from ad driven flash games you need to get your game on flash portals. Newgrounds, Kongregate, and others. You can put it on more than one, but some places will give you more for being exclusive. You can also get sponserships from places like Armor Games. A sponser gets there name/logo put before or during the loading screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice - I'd been looking at it as a Facebook game, and some ad options there, but the portals might be a better bet.

    ReplyDelete