Sunday, September 19, 2010

Amazonian regulations

An interesting post from Sirlin.Net - he's making small cardgames as I hope to do, around the same price point, and is selling them online himself and through whatever distribution he can find, which includes Amazon.  Apparently, you can't just put stuff online and always sell there; he mentions a lower limit to be listed during the busy Christmas season.

I was hoping to get onto Amazon myself, although the fact that they're feuding with North Carolina, where I live, is making some of that painful or impossible.  For example, I can't create an Amazon Associates account because of this issue - Amazon has (apparently only to apply pressure to the state) banned NC residents from linking to them and trying to earn commissions by driving buyers to Amazon.

I haven't looked into it for a bit, but I'm hoping I'll still be able to sell there.  If I have to sell multiple copies there just to be listed over Christmas, then that might be hard to figure out the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment