Friday, March 12, 2010

Not great news

Jackson Pope over at Reiver Games has an interesting and somewhat disheartening post on his blog, in which he indicates he's not making enough money to run his game company full time, and might be considering cutting back or shutting down.

I've been reading Jackson's blog for some time, and he's an intelligent, dedicated guy who seems to be thinking everything through and making reasoned, smart decisions. I know that most start-ups fail, and that the game market is a tough one to break into, but it's still sad to see that even a careful, clever guy is having trouble making a go of it.

It's not exactly parallel to my situation, since I don't have any intention of giving up my real job, and I'm not looking for another career, but it would be nice if there was a chance there to make some money.

Food for thought, anyway, and not very tasty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment