Monday, April 19, 2010

BGDF entry - Drunken Strippers Ahead

In this post, I mentioned I'd entered the monthly design contest at BGDF.com.  Here's my entry, Drunken Strippers Ahead.  There are five entries, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.  Some of them use the icons in creative ways, and some have a great deal of backstory built into the game.  One has beautiful art for the sample cards.  Some of them invoke components and pieces that don't actually exist, such as decks of cards and other elements which would require careful design. That's interesting - I guess they're relying on the voter's imagination of what these parts would look like rather than actually designing them.  Other folks lay out all the components, at least in mock-up form, which is understandable.

I'm expected to vote in the contest, too, and I have to split ten votes among the entries.  I can't vote for mine.  From a strictly game-theory perspective, I suppose I should split my votes as evenly as possible so as not to advantage one of the other contestants.  Or maybe I should dump all my votes toward the game I think will lose, so that my votes don't go to help anyone.  Some prisoner's dilemma-ish stuff possible here.

But that would be weaselly.  I'll vote for ones I think are best.

No comments:

Post a Comment